How to write a cover letter for a job application? (With Free Sample)
Writing a cover letter email can be a daunting task, but it doesn't have to be. By following these six steps, you can craft an effective and professional email that will help you stand out to potential employers.
1. Template: Before you start writing, it's important to choose a template that is clean, easy to read, and professional. You can find many templates online, or you can create your own using a program like Microsoft Word.
2. Header: The header of your email should include your name, address, phone number, and email address. This will make it easy for the employer to contact you if they are interested in scheduling an interview.
3. Greetings: Always start your email with a professional greeting, such as "Dear [Employer's Name]" or "Hello [Employer's Name]." This shows that you have taken the time to research the company and the person you will be sending the email to.
4. Opening Paragraph: The opening paragraph should be used to introduce yourself and explain why you are interested in the position. This is also a good place to mention any relevant qualifications or experience you have that make you a good fit for the job.
5. Body: The body of your email should be used to elaborate on your qualifications and experience. Use specific examples and quantify your accomplishments to demonstrate how you can contribute to the company. Be sure to also mention any relevant skills or certifications you have, and highlight any achievements that are related to the position you are applying for.
6. Closing Paragraph: The closing paragraph should be used to thank the employer for their time and express your interest in hearing from them soon. Also, you can include your contact information again and let them know that you are looking forward to hearing from them.
Here is a sample cover letter email that you can use as a reference:
Subject: [Your Name] - Application for [Position]
Dear [Employer's Name],
I am writing to express my interest in the [Position] role at [Company Name]. As a highly motivated and experienced professional with [Number of years] of experience in [Industry/Field], I am confident that I am the ideal candidate for the position. In my current role as [Current Position] at [Current Company], I have had the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills and qualifications that would make me an asset to your team. Specifically, I have [List relevant qualifications, skills, and experience].
I am particularly excited about the opportunity to work at [Company Name] because of [Why you want to work at the company]. I believe that my skills and experience make me well-suited to contribute to [Company's mission/goals].
Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to the opportunity to discuss how I can contribute to the success of [Company Name]. I would be happy to provide additional information or answer any questions you may have. Please don't hesitate to contact me at [Your Contact Information].
Thank you for your time and consideration.
By following these six steps, you can create a cover letter email that is professional, well-written, and tailored to the specific position you are applying for. Remember to proofread your email for any errors and to tailor it to the specific company and position you are applying for.
All the best for your job application :)